Backyard Garden Geek is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We’re also a participant in a few other select affiliate programs with brands that we trust.
This means that BGG is compensated for referring traffic to Amazon and a few other gardening-related businesses…at no extra cost to you.
But just to be clear: We will never promote a product we don’t believe in or trust.
Here’s what we believe when it comes to product recommendations:
- Our goal is to share only the very best products with our readers, regardless of who makes them or how much they cost. But we’ve got 3 kids, and we’re very cost-conscious, so we try our hardest to recommend products that are both reliable and as cost-effective as possible.
- When we recommend products, we only recommend those products that we believe in. If anything ever causes us to lose trust in a product, we’ll immediately stop recommending it.
- We do our very best to recommend products that are genuinely useful and that’ll help our readers become better gardeners by trying new things, learning from mistakes, and growing more knowledgeable each growing season.
- There are lots of mediocre or rather useless gardening products out there. With that in mind, we want to help our readers avoid those by recommending products that have worked well for us over the years.
- We’ll never recommend products for the sole purpose of making money from affiliate links. That kind of thing is done by spammy websites, and we want nothing to do with that.
We created BGG to encourage folks like you to start gardening, to share our tips and advice with you for growing healthy plants, to encourage you to learn from any gardening mistakes you might make, and to provide a resource that’ll help you become a better gardener as time goes on.
Whenever we recommend products, we do so with these goals in mind.
One final note: When you visit this website, please keep in mind that we at Backyard Garden Geek are not lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, or scientists. We’ll do everything in our power to give you the best gardening information and advice possible, but when it comes to anything legal, financial, chemical, or otherwise–and especially when it comes to environmental, agricultural, and gardening practices or regulations in your corner of the world–please consult licensed professionals for all such matters.
Backyard Garden Geek is for educational purposes only. By visiting this website, you agree to not hold us responsible for any harm related to actions you took after reading information on this site.
Thanks for visiting, and happy gardening!